Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Cost of small breeeze block wall?

I've been asked to quote for a fencing job, but against my views the
customer has opted for a breeze block 'extension' to his present breeze
block wall.
The current wall is approx 5 feet high, they want it higher.
I suggested a solid trellis type panel at the top, which would look
alright. That got a 'no', as it wouldnt be secure enough.
Ok, go for a 7 foot high wooden fence in front of the existing breeze
block wall,again, a no, as it wouldnt be 'secure enough'

So, they want 2 extra rows added to the existing BB wall. How that is
more secure than a wooden fence, I dont know - I'd think it was easier
to grab the top of a wall to climb up it.

Probably 10 breeze blocks for each row (15' wide), so 20 blocks to be
bought.Never having laid more than 1 bricks/blocks in one go, I reckon
this will take me near on 4 hours to lay them.
Around £8 of cement, and £15 of sand making a materials cost of roughly
£50.

What would be a reasonable price to charge?
My first thought was £150 - does that sound reasonable to put up 2 rows
of BB on a 15' wall?

Thanks for any thoughts.
Alan.