Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Did Rain-x ruin my windshield or is it normal (how to make itbetter)?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message

Considering that Rain-X should be the same everywhere, and windshields
should be the same everywhere, it would seem that those who report
problems are the source of those problems due to not following
application directions properly.

And therefore weather conditions are the same everywhere. We all get the
same contaminants in the air, the same amount of bird crap, the same amount
of tree sap, the same temperature differentials, the same humidity.

None of which have any relevance to the application process. And for
additional reference, I've used Rain-X in CT and in TX and it works
equally well in both climates. I've also driven Rain-Xed vehicles
between CT and TX and the Rain-X has performed well in all the climates
between the two. So again, if you found you had problems with Rain-X,
I'd suggest trying it again, paying particular attention to the
application process.