Posted to rec.autos.tech,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Slacker Slacker is offline

Default Did Rain-x ruin my windshield or is it normal (how to make it better)?

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 05:52:03 -0500, * wrote:

Rain-X is best used by someone who spends a lot of time on the highway
but, as you are experiencing, tends to create a "haze" when using the wipers.

I would think that Rain-X shouldn't be sold much in coastal California
since it almost never rains here. Yes, the song is wrong. When it does
rain, it just drizzles all day. So Rain-X is all bad and never gets to be
good.

I grew up in Florida so I certainly know what real rain is. Out here in
California, it won't rain a drop for ten months, and then for two months,
there's wet air for weeks. But not really rain. I've been here five years
now and haven't seen a real rain yet.

Point is, I want to get that horrid rain-x off my windshield!
I sure hope the brake cleaner, recommended by Kraagen, works. Time will
tell.