Posted to uk.d-i-y
Malcolm H Malcolm H is offline

Default A solution to stop doors slamming/being slammed?

"dg" wrote in message
ups.com...
I need a solution to stop doors being slammed by teenage kids, which
in turn shakes the whole house.

Mrs dg insists that it MUST be an ironmongery solution, and not
related physical or surgical treatment, or sending the kids off to a
care home.

I've looked at the pneumatic kitchen cabinet closers, but these would
not seem to fit on a normal internal door, and not be strong enough in
any case.

I've also looked at a dictator, but these seem obtrusive and need to
work with a door closer mechanism. I don't want any annoying self
closing doors

The sponge things to prevent younger children from trapping their
fingers are no good, as we need the doors to close.

Are there any anti-slam products available for lightweight internal
doors?

dg

I use a hydraulic (not pneumatic) door closer on the kitchen door and it
works fine. They are, however, not cheap - and must be installed in
accordance with the installation instructions.