Posted to alt.home.repair

Default LED Lighting for Over Sink?

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
IMO, led lighting is not there yet. They still haven't been able to create

nice white light, and although they last forever and cost little to

operate,
they're wicked expensive to buy. At this point I'd use Xenon

wrote in message
Hi, the fluorescent strip light over my sink is going and I am thinking

it
might be a good time experiment with LED lighting. I need enough lumens
to light up the sink for washing with no other light on. A dim setting
would be nice too. Looking for suggestions on if this is feasible and
worth it. Thx, Dan

I agree with RBM. There currently are few, if any standards for LED's.
Each manufacturer has their own version and interpretation of performance.
What you buy today may not be compatible in a few years. I have installed
the Xenon a number of times and customers love them.