Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jackfaulds@bellsouth.net is offline

Default screen porch standing water

On Oct 5, 1:58 pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On 5 Oct, 13:45, "
wrote:

hi, bought a new house here in FL, I have a long screen porch with
aluminum around the bottom, about 1 inch..
when it really rains I end up with a lot of standing water in one
corner.. I am thinking of drilling 2 holes, one on each side of corner
to drain.. any one know a better way??
thanks

What is the floor of the porch made of? If it's non treated wood,
here's my concern:

If you drill a hole, you'll be exposing the unfinished interior of the
wood to the moisture as it drains through. You might end up with rot
fairly soon.

What's a lot of standing water? Is the amount of water going to be a
problem under the porch?

Mr. Obvious says: The optimum solution would be to prevent the water
from entering the porch in the first place.

thanks, it is a ground floor, poolside porch, with tile floor, and
alumiun around as frame... and after the last few days of heavy rain,
it was as deep as the bottom soport, about an inch, and an area 4
squair tiles... I know water will get in, but it cant be good to have
standing water for days on grout and stuff....