Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default LED Lighting for Over Sink?

wrote:
Hi, the fluorescent strip light over my sink is going and I am thinking
it might be a good time experiment with LED lighting. I need enough
lumens to light up the sink for washing with no other light on. A dim
setting would be nice too. Looking for suggestions on if this is
feasible and worth it. Thx, Dan

I replaced mine with a bathroom like fixture that uses 4 40 watt bulbs.
It takes more energy but only time it is used is for only a few minutes
a day. Otherwise I have 2 cfl's in the main kitchen fixture which is on
a lot. You have to balance cost with energy savings. No sense putting
a lot of money into something expensive or tough to service.

Frank