Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Dual sump pumps

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 04:25:36 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

"Smarty" wrote in message
I have a considerable amount of water enter my basement sump pump pit when
it rains heavily, and a husky submersible pump which can pump several
thousand gallons of water per hour if needed when the pit begins to fill.

I had a similar problem, and my solution was to move. Well actually that
was my second solution; the first was to install a second sump.
I put a pump in the second sump with a water powered backup, and then put a
battery powered backup on the original sump.
Amazingly, I didn't have any problem selling the house for a good price,
despite all the sump pumps.

It sounds like you had four! sump pumps. Wow.

Otoh, maybe he thought, Good, he has 4 sump pumps. That ought to be
enough for anything.

Or maybe he didn't think at all.