Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default What is the tool for burning words or designs into wood?

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 16:29:49 -0700, Susie wrote:

I need to mark an important wooden piece of personal keepsake. I know
my Dad
used to have a heated tool that "burnishes" letters, numbers, etc. in
wood.

Thanks, Robbielynn

You can buy an inexpensive wood burning iron at most art supply places...

Beware the addiction, though... My wife started with a $10 burner and now has a
$200 digital/dual pen/changeable tip setup...
As the price of the burning stuff goes up, it changes from "woodburning" to
"pyrography"..
Sort of like "shop" & "Shoppe"?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing