Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Need Homemade Anti Foaming Agent for Rug Doctor

On Sep 21, 7:04 pm, Rick Blaine wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
I forgot to buy anti-faoming agent for the Rug Doctor I rented this
evening. I'd rather not go back out to get some since I want to get
started first thing in the morning.

Do I have anything lying around the house that will work as an anti-
foaming agent for the dirty water tank?

If you need "anti foaming agent" in the recovery tank, you are using far too
much detergent in the main tank. That detergent stays in your carpet for the
most part and will cause it to get dirty again far sooner than it should.

-- Follow the directions to the letter for the amount of detergent in
the main tank.

Thanks for the reply, Rick, but that's not really the issue. The Rug
Doctor instructions call for anti-foaming agent as follows:

"Anti-foam is necessary for carpet cleaning only if you've previously
used high foaming shampoos or spray on products."

So while faoming may or may not be the result of too much detergent,
that wouldn't be my problem since I am indeed following the
instructions as per the amount of detergent to use "to the letter" -
well, actually, to the number.

In any case, as it turns out, I started the job tonight and I don't
need the anti-foaming agent, even while using the upper-end of the
amount of detergent called for. There's so much dirt coming out the
carpets that no self respecting bubble would dare form in the recovery
tank!