Posted to alt.home.repair
JB JB is offline

Default Installing full overlay cabinets under soffit.

Abit off topic, but I am also getting ready to redo my kitch. I will
be removing soffits and hanging new cabs. I will leave measuring and
installing granite countertops to the pros but I'l be doing removing/
rebuilding some interior walls, new electrical and plumbing. I am not
a professional remodeler. My wife and a few others are telling me to
get the cabs installed by someone else, but I can't believe its all
that difficult. Awkward maybe yes (esp the hanging cabs), but not
difficult. And not worth $1000 to have someone else do it.

I've redone bathrooms, built a deck, and a gazebo. Please tell me
that with good carpentry skills, a level, and some extra hands,
installing floor and hanging cabs ain't that hard.

--Jeff