Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gio Gio is offline

Default Jenolite?

"Pete C" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Have a look at 'Vactan' can be found on Ebay too.

I think it has some sort of acrylic resin in it as well as a rust
converter, so it's self finishing/self priming to some extent.

cheers,
Pete.

I have used Vactan and found it to be ideal and it appears to be better than
Jenolite as I often found rust came through once it was washed down and
painted. I paid £6.95 per 500ml for the Vactan and it is easily applied,
dries quickly ( 10 mins on a dry and warm day to form a self priming skin
that does not require washing off etc. I have used it on cars, had-rails
and the other weekend in the inside of our old and well pitted cast iron
gutters. I intend not to paint the inside of the gutters with a top coat
just to see how the product holds up over time given we live right on the
coast.

Gio