Posted to uk.d-i-y
soup soup is offline

Default Power to a greenhouse

David Hansen wrote:

How would the SWA cable be terminated in the plug and socket?

AIUI BICBW the SWA cable is like a normal cable but with wires laid on
the outside then more insulation over that. I would take back the outer
insulation cut the wires around it at the end of the exterior insulation
then inside of this should (?) be a regular cable this I would deal with
as normal, ie remove outer insulation to expose three insulated wires
strip them and screw to terminals obviously all lengths etc so the unit
looks neat and is non dangerous. Possibly a piece of heat shrink tubing
over the lot just to neaten.

--
'S rioghal mo dhream
Ciamar a tha sibh