Posted to alt.home.repair
charlie charlie is offline

Default Dusty road

"John Reber" wrote in message
.. .
Our community has approximately 3.2 miles of dirt roads which over the
years, maintenance has consisted of purchasing old road milling's and
spreading them over the road and rolling them in with a big roller. Now
there is a movement afoot to have the roads paved, which I'm mostly
against. In my view it will cause more speeding through the community and
will be hot to walk on or along in the summer.

A legitimate complaint I see from those who want it paved, is the amount
of dust generated by traffic on these roads. I'm looking for alternative
solutions that would alleviate the dust problem, but not involve paving
over the roads.

thanks in advance

there's a tree sap product that my city uses on dirt roads to cut dust. it
works ok, but we're also in the desert and don't get rain very often.

regards,
charlie
cave creek, az