Posted to alt.home.repair
Greg Greg is offline

Default Power washer with Honda engine won't start.

I have a honda pressure washer, second one, the first one I got, right out
of box, did just like your's, after 1/2 hour of running it was hard to pull,
wouldn't start, I checked oil before and after, before I ran it, nice and
new and clean, after it was silver, something got eaten up in there, took it
back, they gave me a new one, it's run about 10 times now with no problem.

"TheRegit" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Honda power washer that I am using to prepare my home for
painting. This weekend I was using it quite a bit without problem. I
accidentally let the engine run out of gas the it stopped. I refilled
the tank with gas and tried to start it but it wouldn't do anything.
I thought the problem was that the fuel lines didn't have any gas in
them so it had nothing to ignite so I went and bought some ether spray
and sprayed it into the air intake. After doing this two times the
engine started up like it should and I thought the problem was
solved. However after using it for about a half an hour I turned it
off to take my son inside, when I returned it wouldn't start again.
Since then even the Ether spray hasn't helped. I checked the spark
plug and that looks fine. The wierd thing is that the pull start is
all of a sudden really hard to pull. When it was working fine it
pulled rather easily, but now it is almost as if the engine is locked
up.

I really have no experience with engine's what-so-ever so I am not
quite sure what to do. One of my friends that worked on the grounds
crew at a golf course suggested the ether spray and my neighbor
checked the spark plug and said it looked good.

Any ideas of things to try?