L Reid

Default Replacing Sangamo 410 programmer / timer

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , L Reid
writes
"geoff" wrote in message
!

Ideally I'd like to zap the old one in to touch, and replace with one

which
will allow for 5 + 2 (week and w/e settings) and different times to allow
hot water to be on 24 hours a day but central heating on at certain times
(gravity fed system). I also suspect the thermostat's gone the same way

as
the timer, as it (thermostat) seems to click on at 20 deg no matter how

hot
or cold it feels.

Another possible replacement(?) found he

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technica...nn/Sangamo.htm

Fixing back-plate shouldn't be a problem, it was wiring that was worrying
me.

I think that rewiring should be fairly trivial for you, as long as you
have sufficient length. IIRC that Sangamo has the connectors stacked
vertically whereas most programmers now have them going across

--
geoff

Ah. Could that be a problem then if the boiler is above the timer unit (as
in my case)? Did the connectors come into the bottom of the unit or the top?
If the top, I may have a problem.