Posted to alt.home.repair
kpg* kpg* is offline

Default Industrial Belt Dressing

Many years ago my dad brought home this belt dressing that
was in a peel back cardboard tube and was made of a sticky
tar looking stuff. He used it on his riding mower v-belt to
keep it fro slipping, and on the a/c belt of the car. Well,
the stuff and my dad are long gone and over the years I've
been looking for it.

Belt dressing sold at auto stores and on-line is usually
that spray stuff that claims to condition the belt and
prevent slippage, but I have found it does little for
slippage.

Now granted, proper belt tensioning will solve just about
any slippage problem but I would still like to find this
stuff.

Anyone even seen anything like this?

kpg