Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default plywood platform or wood slats bed

dwolf wrote:
Making a bed where no box spring will be used.. For years I have
always opted for using a maple plywood platform over using slats...
guess the original decision came from one... slats do take a lot of
wood.. and my junk bed at home, which is old but has maple slats
that
do sag.. so on my beds I use the rails around the bed and then
install 3 beefy rails across the bed and lay the plywood on top...
Queen bed..
What's your approach ??

You might find it interesting to go over to the Ikea site and look at
the slat sets that they sell.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)