Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fuse blowing next to central heating clock

In article .com,
writes:
Hi,
I'm a bit of a novice so please bear with me.

The fuse in the fusebox next to my central heating controller keeps
blowing. I replaced it twice yesterday with a 3A fuse and again this
morning with a 5A fuse and within half an hour of the heating coming
on and the radiators just starting to get warm it blows.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what the most common causes could be.

For info, it's a conventional boiler (not combi). It's a fairly old
Glo Worm system and it's a normal (not digital) mechanical clock that
it operates from.

Water leaking in the boiler, or from the pump, or in the electric
valve(s). Don't keep bumping up the fuse value though. That just
makes a bigger mess of the fault site, and might cause further
damage elsewhere.

--
Andrew Gabriel