Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Repairing a crack in plastic bathtub

"Brian O" wrote in message
I have a plastic bathtub with a small crack in the bottom of the tub.
Short
of tearing it out and shoring it up, is there a way to at least
temporarily
repair the tub that will last a year or so? Thanks in advance.
Brian

If it is truly plastic, I don't have any idea, nor do I have much hope of a
long lasting repair. We'd need to know what type of material it is.

If it is fiberglass, it is possible to lay-up some cloth, same as you'd do
with a boat. In any case, done from the tub side it will look like crap,
but if it buys you time and works, you can put up with it for a time.