Howard Eisenhauer

Default Home Brew Spot Welder

Thanks Jason, a couple of questions:

How did you determine the number of secondary windings required?

Will your unit handle 18 gu. steel without suffering a meltdown?

Did you try differnt combinations of series/parrallel on the
transformer windings to find what works best?

Thanks again,

Howard.

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 15:53:55 -0700, JR North
wrote:

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...retired_files/
See welder00.txt and the associated jpgs.
JR
Dweller in the cellar
Howard Eisenhauer wrote:

Anybody here ever built your own spot welder? I've got some major
re-assembly work coming up on my jeep tub & I've been thinking it
might be easier/faster to do real spot welds instead of the "drill
hole/mig weld plug/grind down" route. I've found a few references on
google to plans for units using re-wound microwave oven transformers,
intended for use on small projects such as model gas turbines, but
there isn't enough detail to convince me they'd work on heavier sheet
metal.

So, if you have any experience with something like this or know of any
on-line resources that google (Gasp!) doesn't know about I'd
appreaciate hearing from you.

Thanks,

Howard.