richard

Default Home Brew Spot Welder

JR North wrote in message news:
Anybody here ever built your own spot welder? I've got some major
re-assembly work coming up on my jeep tub & I've been thinking it

I fooled around with microwave transformers, i made it work, but not
well enough to do body work, worked quite well on stainless steel
though.

while i was fooling around some one called around and when he saw what
i was doing offered me an old handheld spot welder. It's magic, not at
all fancy no timer or ajustment. you just clamp it and give the
trigger a squeeze, you hear a click and the weld is done...

the bloke I got it off used to use long arms in it and was able to do
all the spot welds in a mini body shell, i gather he needed a helper
to hold it as the whole thing got a bit awkward to use....

I would buy one secondhand and sell it when your finished, probably
won't cost
you anything in the long run and it should work fine.

--
richard