Posted to rec.woodworking
Micro* Micro* is offline

Default venturi vacuum

"Joe" wrote in message
. net...
Has anyone created their own vacuum bag setup using a venturi and their
air compressor? I'm looking to do the same and would like to learn of
anything you learned in the process. Specifically, I'd like to avoid
replicating any mistakes! grin

Joe

I have not used this for a "bagging" system but I have used this to vacuum
cast jewelry. I used an old "solder sucker" device used in repairing circuit
boards for removing ICs by sucking the solder from around the IC legs. These
are quite small and can be operated with most compressors. Most are actuated
by a solenoid triggered by a foot switch, I rewired mine with just a manual
switch. You might be able to find one at a surplus electronics store.

--
"shut up and keep diggen"
Jerry