Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Uncalled-For Mr Uncalled-For is offline

Default Strap boss for 3.5" cast iron pipe

On Aug 15, 9:57 am, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Mr Uncalled-For wrote:
I have a 3 1/2 inch drainpipe that I need to T into, but cant find a
strap on boss designed to fit such a diameter. Does anyone know if
such a thing is sold? Thanks.

Normally you cut the pipe and insert a branch, or a hopper.

I was hoping that the strap-on-boss route might be easier!
The pipe is also crammed into a corner, partially submerged in render
(harling) on one side, which I'll need to chip off to do anything. If
I need to do it properly I think I'd get a plumber in to do it. I am a
bit concerned that the pipe would drop if a section were removed,
although it already does have a branch coming into it that's rendered
into the wall as well, so maybe that'd act as enough of a support. Hmm.