L Reid

Default Replacing Sangamo 410 programmer / timer

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , L Reid
writes

I'd take a picture though I don't know which box the camera's in, and

sods
law dictates that the cable to connect same to PC is in a box at the

other
end of the house. I did find this however, which sort of indicates that
replacement could be a 'doddle'.

http://www.sunvic.co.uk/Select%20Pro...s/207ins_w.pdf

Am I correct that replacing this control unit would fall outside the
requirements to be done by a CORGI registered individual? Also, if anyone
could suggest an alternative unit (pref available in the UK via

post...?).

Forget CORGI - it's not relevant to you

I might be able to repair it, no promises, but look at www.cetltd.com

I don't think it's directly compatible (backplane wise) with current
programmers)
--
geoff

Thanks for the offer geoff. Think I recall hearing you recommended in here a
few times before!

Ideally I'd like to zap the old one in to touch, and replace with one which
will allow for 5 + 2 (week and w/e settings) and different times to allow
hot water to be on 24 hours a day but central heating on at certain times
(gravity fed system). I also suspect the thermostat's gone the same way as
the timer, as it (thermostat) seems to click on at 20 deg no matter how hot
or cold it feels.

Another possible replacement(?) found he

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technica...nn/Sangamo.htm

Fixing back-plate shouldn't be a problem, it was wiring that was worrying
me. Regarding 2004 regs, does that apply only to works done after that date,
or does it also include works done prior to that date?

Cheers!

Leigh