Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dieseldes Dieseldes is offline

Default Fitting an immersion heater

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 07:45:01 -0700, AlanC
mused:

On Aug 6, 2:03 pm, "Dieseldes" wrote:

Anyone have any ideas how to get it out, preferably without replacing
the
tank as well? (2)

Have you emptied it? Having it full of water can help prevent it from
distorting while trying to undo the blanking plug. You could also try
heating the blanking plug to free it up.

It's still nearly full, and it's got insulation sprayed? on it. I have tried
again but it does not want to shift it has thread tape wrapped round.

You want to heat the metal around the plug, if you just heat the plug
it will expand in the whole and be even more stuck.

Though that gave me an idea, I am sure I have a spray freezer can
somewhere, if I can find it that it may work, if not I think I will be back
to plan B...

Des