Posted to alt.home.repair
ValveJob ValveJob is offline

Default Black PVC pipe leak?? repair??

On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 16:30:00 -0400, "John W" wrote:

The black PVC pipe coming down into the basement from the toilet has a leak.
It is leaking from the joint where that pipe meets with the 90degree pipe
after it. Is there anything sold to mend that typeof joint leak or do I have
to cut it all apart and put in new pipe??

Thanks ,

John

I've had excellent results using gas tank repair kit at the auto
store. Or the same stuff is sold as bodno Marine Epoxy Stick.

You mix it up good and feel it heating in your hand and then apply
liberally to the clean surface and you have a water tight bond that
will hold for a hundred years.