Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dieseldes Dieseldes is offline

Default Fitting an immersion heater

Due to the fact we ran out of Oil yesterday (should have checked!!) and it
will be a couple of days to get a supply, one disadvantage to a Stanley, no
heating hot water or cooking! carry-out and microwave it is then..... ,

I decided to use this opportunity to fit an immersion heater to the hot
water tank, now remove the blanking plug that was fitted by a 20st gorilla
in the factory, well after a spanner, hammer and a few curses, the tank
appears to start distorting if I put pressure on it? I have come to the
conclusion it is not going to come out without a fight! (1)

Anyone have any ideas how to get it out, preferably without replacing the
tank as well? (2)

Des

(1) after the incident last year when I fitted a shower pump, and it turned
out the cold water galvanised tank was more like a colander when the mud was
disturbed thankyou insurance .

(2) Then the original hot water tank which had the immersian heater in it
sprung a leak

ahh the pleasures of maintaining an old cottrage