Posted to uk.d-i-y
rrh rrh is offline

Default Sugar Soap -- good enough?

"jal" wrote in message
I really hate painting gloss. Trouble is, all the woodwork in our (60s)
house is painted white, and it's mostly looking grubby now, so I'm going
to have to re-paint it all. There's bloody miles of it, plus some big
panels on the stairs.

Is Sugar Soap good enough to prepare the surfaces? I'm thinking: a good
wash with Sugar Soap (and presumably a good rinse); undercoat Dulux
Professional Brilliant White; topcoat DPBW.

Can I get away with that?

John

I second John Evans's suggestion of liquid sander. The only one I've seen on
sale is I think called Easy Sand and is made by International. Works well
and avoids the dust from sanding which I hate.