Posted to alt.home.repair
momofone momofone is offline

Default pella window blinds inside glass

Thanks. I've looked at the site and mine must be very old because they don't
look like the ones in the photos. Instead of a "slide" operator on the side
of the window, I have a round knob located at the bottom of the window that
you twist to open or close the mini blinds that are between glass. Once I
removed the screen and the glass from the inside, I was able to manupulate
the blinds with my hand but couldn't get them to stay in one place without
popping back to the semi-closed position. I was also able to see that the
"operator" was a small box like device with a small wheel on the outside that
turns freely with my finger but doesn't affect the blinds at all like it
should. The box is held in place with one long screw. I removed the screw
and looked at the box but still couldn't see a way to get inside to repair it.
: ( Guess I'll have to call them to see if they even make the part anymore.

Oren wrote:
Single mom here with a 15 year old home that has double Pella windows that
crank. The blinds are inside the glass. You turn a knob to open and close

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
shade but I just can't seem to figure out how it works. I can push down on
the blinds and they close but when I let go, they pop open again. HELP!

Sounds like something broke in the shade operator (??). Check the
pella site or call.

http://www.pella.com/products/unique.../unique/blinds

--
Oren