Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wiss M3 shears

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message

With the yellow rubber handle.

Had 'em for 15-20 years. Mighta averaged 10 min. lite-duty use per year.

Tried to cut some plumbers strap-tape the other day, the 2 blades
separated, wouldn't cut.

Tried tightening the bolt: no hep'.

Blades are not sharp, but they're not incredably dull either.

Should I go after the blades with a whetstone or what?

Thx,
Puddin'

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!"
-Friedrich Schiller

Several years ago I found a pair with a broken blade in the garbage on a job
site. I called up the company to find out about buying replacement blades
and they sent them for free. I think Cooper Tools makes the Wiss brand.