Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jneiberger@gmail.com is offline

Default How to unclog a sprinkler system valve

On Jul 23, 7:18 pm, "
wrote:
I was able to get the sprinkler system line repaired and now I have a
valve stuck open. I know I had to do this many years ago but I don't
remember the details. I just tried unscrewing the cap for the valve in
the valve box and much of it came apart, but I wasn't sure what to do
with it at that point. So, I just put it back together and it seemed
like it worked! For a few minutes anyway, then it clogged again. I
guess I'll just go open it up again.

When I unscrew the assembly, the top of the valve come off and I see a
black membrane with a tiny little metal tube in the center. Am I
supposed to disassemble this further to get to what's underneath the
membrane? I don't remember, and I don't want to damage the membrane by
doing something it's not intended to do. Does it just pop off with a
flat screwdriver? I'm tempted to try, but I won't use much force. I
don't want to break the valve because then I absolutely would have to
have someone come out to repair it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
John

Crap. I just remembered that I forgot to put the spring back in. :-)
I'd better go do that. heh heh....