Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin'  Man is offline

Default Plug gaps in chain-link fence

I'm gonna try as volunteer for foster of a dog rescued from a killer-pound
or somesuch.

Likely a small (30-40 lb) problem dog, liable to squeeze thru gaps
in my backyard chain-link fence, run like hell, take fo'ever to
find 'em.

Almost everywhere a post butts up against something (a bldg., another
fence, etc), there is a gap that such dog could squeeze thru.

I got a 4" gap between a post and a brick house. I could maybe
get a 4x4 in there if I could secure it to the post.
This part of fence belongs to a neighbor: they likely won't
mind a strap or such, but I can't drill their post.

Is there anything like plumbers (metal) strapping tape but
heavier: still somewhat pliable but lots stronger?

Any other ideas?

Thx,
Puddin'

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!"
-Friedrich Schiller