Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Golden Ratio Dividers

Leon wrote:
| Careful Morris, this argument will easily slip into a loop before
| you know it.

LOL - Nope, Doug is just acting like a geometer. I've attached a pair
of drawings that allow using a straightedge and compass to first
construct a pair of properly proportioned line segments in the golden
ratio and, second, to use those lengths to construct an
arbitrary-length baseline. No measuring scale/rule/ruler required.

Once the base line has been established, I trust Doug won't have any
difficulty constructing the legs shown in the previous drawing. :-)

Legend: Red lines show compass work; blue lines show straightedge
work.

I probably needed the exercise. ;-)

--
Morris Dovey