Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
tdup2 tdup2 is offline

Default Segmented Bowl

Both are beautiful. I'm mystified! How did you get the purpleheart on the
outside and not the inside? Are those laminated pieces in between?

Tim

"Kevin Miller" wrote in message
I finished this segmented bowl last week. It's maple and purpleheart,
finished with extra blond shellac. I didn't quite get the shape I was
hoping for, but I had very little wiggle room or I'd lose the scalloped
effect and just have a solid band of purpleheart.

I think next time I'll maybe do the spacers between the scalloped
segments differently. Probably laminate some really thin maple &
purpleheart. I'll also put a solid band of purpleheart above the
scallop layer. I think that would look good.

It was the first time I'd tried that pattern, so I was shooting in the
dark a bit. Next one should work out a bit better. I hope. But
overall I'm not dissatisfied...

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller