Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Kevin Miller Kevin Miller is offline

Default Segmented Bowl

I finished this segmented bowl last week. It's maple and purpleheart,
finished with extra blond shellac. I didn't quite get the shape I was
hoping for, but I had very little wiggle room or I'd lose the scalloped
effect and just have a solid band of purpleheart.

I think next time I'll maybe do the spacers between the scalloped
segments differently. Probably laminate some really thin maple &
purpleheart. I'll also put a solid band of purpleheart above the
scallop layer. I think that would look good.

It was the first time I'd tried that pattern, so I was shooting in the
dark a bit. Next one should work out a bit better. I hope. But
overall I'm not dissatisfied...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb

Attached Thumbnails
Segmented Bowl-maple_purpleheart1-jpg  Segmented Bowl-maple_purpleheart2-jpg