Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Calcium Chloride for my driveway

On Jul 16, 1:37 pm, "Zephyr" an address @ some place .com wrote:
Hey folks,

My driveway is fairly long and dusty. I'd like to put down some calcium
chloride to help hold the fines together and keep the driveway in better
shape, as they do with the local ( SE MI) roads here.

And that's why you have so many rust rotted cars in your area. Calcium
chloride is quite corrosive but if your rolling stock is already
pretty rough, than go ahead and just sprinkle the chips down the
drive. The compound tries to suck up all the moisture from the
environment around it so it will turn lquid all by itself in no time.

I can buy the stuff in chip form in50 lb bags. the county puts down the
stuff on the roads in liquid form though.

Saves on manpower, sprayers don't clog up like spreaders do. Maybe
they add a rust inhibitor to it?

I was thinking I'd buy a bag or 2 and mix it with water and then put it in a
sprayer or pour it out on the driveway.

Don't bother...see above.

snip

Joe