Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default How often should an interior fuel oil tank be cleaned out?

George wrote:

No, my understanding is that it isn't local. We are in PA but according
to my friend it is a requirement in at least the NE and Mid-Atlantic
states.

http://www.epa.gov/OUST/faqs/heatoil.htm

Tanks used for the storage of heating oil for consumptive use on the
premises where stored are excluded from federal UST regulations.
However, state or territorial regulatory agencies may regulate these
tanks. You can view a map showing which states regulate these tanks..."

http://www.epa.gov/OUST/graphics/heatoil1.gif

PA actually isn't on the map (but it notes it's not kept completely up
to date)...