Posted to alt.home.repair
Zephyr Zephyr is offline

Default Calcium Chloride for my driveway

"Clark" wrote in message
"Zephyr" an address @ some place .com wrote in
:

Hey folks,

My driveway is fairly long and dusty. I'd like to put down some calcium
chloride to help hold the fines together and keep the driveway in better
shape, as they do with the local ( SE MI) roads here.

I can buy the stuff in chip form in50 lb bags. the county puts down the
stuff on the roads in liquid form though.
I was thinking I'd buy a bag or 2 and mix it with water and then put it
in a sprayer or pour it out on the driveway.

anyone done something like this before?
I've read that the liquid is often a 35% solution, how can I come close
to that same percentage when mixing my own?
any idea's on how to apply it? I've got a dinky weed sprayer, but that
would take forever....

thanks for you ideas

Why not spread the chips fairly evenly and water'em in? It'll get you to
the
same point the county gets to.

see, now this is why God invented news groups. to give obvious answers to
clueless people,

I will give that a shot, thanks

Dave

--