Posted to uk.d-i-y
Anita Palley Anita Palley is offline

Default combi DHW supply/flow pipe size

On 13 Jul, 13:24, olo wrote:
Hi folks,

need your advice on pipe size - what would you recommend (15mm or
22mm) as a supply (cold) to and flow (hot) from combi boiler to taps?
Boiler can produce 14 ltrs/min so one would think that 15mm pipe is
enough. However there are opinions that 22mm is preferred because
boiler will get priority in getting cold water.

thanks for any info,

On my combi the tail at the bottom of the boiler for taking cold water
is 15mm, and so I guess is the pipework within the boiler. In this
case I can't see any benefit it having 22mm pipe from the main, or am
I missing something?