Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default best shower sealant

"neil leslie" wrote

Can anyone recommend a good shower sealant? Long lasting & preferably one
that will not get mouldy.

A lot will depend on how well ventilated the shower is, how well cared for
and how often it is cleaned
FWIW I was recommended Dow Corning 785 (just bought another cartridge
yesterday for downstairs bog).
Used this in our bathroom and looks as good as when it was applied 3 years
ago.
All major merchants appear to stock it along with their own brand stuff (785
cost me £4.27 for one tube).
Read this morning that there is a promotion on and tubes should be available
with 20% extra free. Didn't see any of these on the shelves though.

Phil