Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default How to get a grease stain out of patio brick?

wrote:
Hello, I was hoping that someone can recommend what remedy to try to
get a grease stains out of the patio bricks. Our grill leaked and we
have large grease stains on the patio. The patio is made out of some
sort of stone (looks like bricks to me). I tried Goo Gone but that did
not work. Any suggestions?

TSP is the "standard" -- available any hardware/paint/box store.

If there's a lot on the surface yet, the kitty litter to absorb what is
there is good first. Wouldn't go buy it just for the purpose, but if
happen to have some, dry concrete/cement/mortar works well as an
absorbent as well.

I probably shouldn't say it, but another "trick" which can work fairly
well to get rid of a fair amount is a match. That assumes, of course,
it's not right against a wood-sided house or other low overhang...and
you keep/have a hose handy.