Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Red-neck mudjacking?

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
A couple years ago I had to dig up my foundation, and despite our
best
efforts at machine tamping to 'refusal'- it apparently wasn't
enough.

So now the slab for my oil barrel is pitched 1/2 inch towards the
house. If it went the other way, I'd just watch it-- but I'd
like
to correct it as it is bound to get worse. The slab is 3-4"thick
and
3'x6'.

I can lift the slab at the two low corners and get it back to level-
and will pitch it away from the house. But what is the best way
to try to get a slurry under as much of the slab as possible.

My first thoughts are to;
1. make roughly 8" square access holes a foot deep on the 2 low
corners -
2. jack to level-
3. enclose the 'piers' and most of the back side - leaving a space
in
the center.
4. fill with a loose slurry until it begins to ooze from the
center.

I have access to a concrete vibrator- but I have only seen one in
use
once and I'm not sure if it will work here.

What are my chances that this will keep this slab more-or-less in
place for a few more years? [I'm in NY- btw- so frost will
guarantee
that it will never stay exactly where I put it- I'm just trying to
get it to be 'off' in the right direction.]

I just leveled a concrete hot tub/spa. I jacked it up, then pumped
fairly fluid grout under it using a hand powered grout pump I bought
second hand. I connected the pump output to 3/4" pvc pipe and slipped
that under the slab, built a wall around the edge, and pumped until it
came back out, and then some.

Bob