Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Red-neck mudjacking?

Abe wrote:

A couple years ago I had to dig up my foundation, and despite our best
efforts at machine tamping to 'refusal'- it apparently wasn't enough.

So now the slab for my oil barrel is pitched 1/2 inch towards the
house. If it went the other way, I'd just watch it-- but I'd like
to correct it as it is bound to get worse. The slab is 3-4"thick and
3'x6'.

I can lift the slab at the two low corners and get it back to level-
and will pitch it away from the house. But what is the best way
to try to get a slurry under as much of the slab as possible.

My first thoughts are to;
1. make roughly 8" square access holes a foot deep on the 2 low
corners -
2. jack to level-

Any chance you could make the jacks permanent and adjust them as
needed?

If it's the usual 275-330 gal tank with pipe legs, just get four of the
standard scaffold screw jacks and some suitable washers and install them
into the pipe legs so you can just adjust them as needed and not care if
the slab is a little out of level.