Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Drywall safe to store outside in shelter?

buffalobill wrote:
On Jul 3, 9:47 am, " wrote:
I have a handful of drywall sheets that I will be installing in an
upstairs bedroom. There is no room to store it near the project, so I
put it on my front porch and covered it with several blue tarps. The
porch is sheltered from the rain, although if there is a really heavy
windy rain a little might blow in.

Will this be a problem for the drywall?

depending on the timetable and weather, the problem could be if it
takes on dampness and bends from flat to the shape of the porch before
you get to hang it, like the old piece standing in my damp basement.

It'll straighten out and dry out if you were to hang it somewhere...