Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Engraving letters in wood bench - how to?

Thu, Jun 28, 2007, 11:10pm (EDT-1) (IGot2P) doth
burble:
snip I want to engrave a 2" by 6" backrest board with some lettering.
snip I could just take my router and go for it but there must be
several tips that would make the learning curve must less steep. snip

Gods above. Do it like every school kid and drunk has snce time
began. Whip out a pocket knife and carve. It ain't rocket science;
it's a practice curve, not a learning curve.

If you think you still need help, go to a library, get a carving
book, it'll have pictures in it even, and if it's about marine carving,
probably even in color. Plenty of instructions on-line too.

JOAT
If a man does his best, what else is there?
- General George S. Patton