fred

Default Electric fence power indicator? Neon?

In article , Grunff
writes
fred wrote:

10mA sounds like an awful lot for the neon (if the 10kV is right), you'll have
nothing left to zap the birds ;-). I was going to suggest 1mA from 4x2M2
high voltage resistors in series with a standard mains neon.

I don't reckon ours put out any more than 2-3kV once hooked up
to a few hundred metres of fence tape - much less in the wet.

Ahhhhhhhh, theory and practice diverge again :-). Still, the HV resistors
are prob still a good idea, standard are prob only 500V . . . . Maplin codes
are 'V' +value , values 1M, 2M2, 4M7, 10M and are 3.5kV working, subject
to power rating.
--
fred