Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Clive is offline

Default Cost for garage extension/build on garage

You should be able to build a detached garage for a lot less than that.
What size are you talking about.

At least my ballpark estimate is on the cautious side!

I am only looking at a regular single garage, with insulated cavity walls as
it is connecting to the house (i.e only needs 3 walls), regular garage door
on the front, and a single upvc door in the rear.

I had a double (17'6" square internally) detached garage built last year
with insulated cavity walls - with concrete blocks rather than insulation
blocks inside, and with a pitched roof for about 22 grand - including a
wide well insulated motorised sectional door, a back door and large
window.

The cost of building over an existing garage will depend on what's there
already. If it's got cavity walls, and if the foundations are suitable for
taking the extra weight, it should again be under 25k. Otherwise, it could
start to get complicated - and expensive!

Been looking at a property with an existing single story garage, which was
built with the intention of building over but this has not been done. Hence
it has cavity walls/suitable foundations. Tempting!