Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] runderwo@mail.win.org is offline

Default Is there a best type of valve for hard water?

On Jun 17, 7:04 pm, Lawrence wrote:

**** dude get a water softener already. Available at your local big
box, I have installed two with no prob. If you can replace your
toilet and faucet valves then a water softener is within your
abilities.

From realtor I've heard of maintenance problems with water softeners,

and also problems with the salt it adds into the water, not only
health problems in terms of sodium intake but also accelerated
corrosion e.g. of water heaters. Just not sure if the cure isn't
worse than the disease of having to replace valves and flush the water
heater and such...