Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
BillinDetroit BillinDetroit is offline

Default Pilot hole drill bit and driver combo

Neillarson wrote:

If anyone has this and has tried it, please let me know what you think
of it.

That looks quite interesting. According to the web site, 2"+ hex shank
drivers will work and they DO use standard jobbers length split-point
drill bits. The money is in having the drill bit mounted in a quick
change holder that is held (apparently magnetically) to the driver.

Drill & chamfer the hole, pop the drill bit off to expose a magnetized
driver and drive the screw. Pop the drill bit holder back on and move on
to the next hole.

I'm making a couple "Jakes Chairs" right now (which probably means that
this thread is OT) and they take a lot of deck screws. The Jack Rabbit
might be handy to have.

I'll have to mull this one over for a while. In the meantime, I'm with
Robert ... let us know how it works out for YOU.

Bill

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000750-1, 06/18/2007
Tested on: 6/18/2007 4:09:15 PM